May 07, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today, Jerry surprised me with a really cool Mother's Day gift. He got me a Scentsy candle with three different scents, one including my favorite scent Clean Breeze. I love things that smell clean. Maybe it's my OCD getting the best of me again. Yeah, I know it's probably lame to you, but this is a really good gift for Jerry. One year I got a gallon of sweet tea and for my birthday I got a plastic tiara and poinsettia (in front of my friend and I was so embarrassed). I'm not kidding people. Next to the volleyball he got me three years ago, this is the best Mother's Day gift Jerry has given me.

Today is Mother's Day. That's a tough one for me. My biological mother left me when I was 7 and my sister was 12.  I rarely saw her after that. When I did see her, she was getting drunk or high with her boyfriend and leaving me places you shouldn't even take children. My Dad remarried and unfortunately the step mother and I never saw eye-to-eye......ever.


Don't even feel bad. Don't. Don't you do it!!


Luckily, I married a great man. His name is Jerry Wayne. You may know him by "Lover".  He has the best mother on this earth.  You don't even know. He totally doesn't understand how lucky he was to grow up with such a loving and caring mother. I'm not kidding people. If Jerry said, I want a bubble-gum snow cone, she would be in the car finding the closest snow cone stand. If she couldn't find one she would find a way to make it at home. It drives me crazy how she is always trying to please people. She's so positive about everything  in life too. Gosh! I wish I could be that positive. She loved her boys unconditionally too. Even the nights Jerry came home 'Cooder Browne' drunk and passed out in her bedroom, she still loved him the next day. He wasn't kicked out of the house. He was never treated any differently.     Unconditional love.


Whenever I need someone to talk to, I can count on her. When I need someone to watch Bailey, I can ALWAYS count on her. She still loves me when I do bone-head things too. We won't even get into that though.


Today's Mother's Day definitely goes to my Mother-In-Law, Pamala Black. Is there a Mother Of The Year? If there is, she deserves its.  She has been there for me, us, Bailey countless times and I am so thankful that I married into this family. I've learned so much about unconditional love.  I love my mother-in-law and don't know what I'd do without her. I get a kick out of listening to women that hate their Mother-In-Law. It's hilarious!


Oh, and Bailey LOVES her Grammy so much too. I think she loves Grammy more than me sometimes. Well, you know I have to be the bad guy and say no.  She cries for a solid hour after leaving Grammy.
                     Happy Mother's Day Pam! I love you!
       

1 comment:

  1. And now I am crying. You are blessed beyond measure to have such an amazing mother in law. I envy you and that relationship. Bailey is very lucky to have you as a mom and it sounds like she hit the jackpot with a G-Ma!

    ReplyDelete